FANDOM


AZR-1 'Creepy' Aeroscraft Gunship Edit

History Edit

Aeroscraft

AZR-1 Creepy is derived from a military patrol & transport airship

The AZR-1 'Creepy' aeroscraft gunship is a heavily-armed ground-attack airship. The basic airframe is manufactured by the Crossroadian firm INC Aeronautics, and Ralson Concerns Ltd. is responsible for the conversion into a gunship and for maintenance support. It is a variant of the military patrol zeppelin manufactured by INC Aeronautics.

The aeroscraft gunship has all-weather capabilities, vertical takeoff and landing and extended range along with the ability to loiter in-theater for long periods. 70% of the AZR-1's aerodynamic lift comes from helium, the remaining 30% is derived from its innovative “wing” shape.

The North Frequesuan Army uses the AZR-1 gunships for reconnaissance, close air support, air interdiction, and force protection. It conducts ground surveillance to develop an understanding of the enemy situation and to support attack operations and targeting that contributes to the delay, disruption and destruction of enemy forces. Close air support roles include supporting ground troops, escorting convoys, and flying urban operations. Air interdiction missions are conducted against planned targets and targets of opportunity. Force protection missions include defending air bases and other facilities.

The "ZR" designation is an old army designation for rigid (R) airships (Z) that had not been used since a series of ill-fated experiments with aerial carriers in the late-1920s.

Performance and characteristics Edit

Length: 64 m
Width: 34 m
Payoad: 200 tonnes
Top speed: 220 km/h
Flight ceiling: 12,000 ft
Range: 4,800 km

Engines

4x heavy turboprops
6x downward-pointing turbofans

Electronics Edit

- Synthetic Aperture Radar for long-range target detection and identification
- Battle management system
- Inertial navigation system
- GLONASS navigation system
- Laser designator
- FLIR

Armament Edit

1× 25 mm 5-barrel GAU-12/U Equalizer Gatling gun
1× 40 mm Oto Melara cannon
1× 105 mm electrothermal howitzer
4x 120KW SSL CIL
16x AGM-114 Hellfire

Protection Edit

- Flares
- Chaff
- Electro-optical jamming
- AirShark Active Armor Concept, modified for use on airships

YAZR/AL-1A 'Azrael' Airborne Laser Aeroscraft Edit

A variant of the AZR-1, the YAZR/AL-1A has its projectile weapons replaced with two 1MW heavy laser cannons, turning the gunship into what is termed an 'airborne laser aeroscraft' (ALA). The ALA is a joint project between Ralson Concerns Ltd. and Illyricum Optics from the Byzantine Empire. Two laser aeroscraft are currently being fitted. The YAZR/AL-1A is a multi-purpose weapons platform for use against lightly armored ground targets, as well as against hostile fighter aircraft, tactical ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, or even low-earth-orbit satellites.

The ALA is named 'Azrael', after the Archangel of Death who severs the soul from the body in Islamic and Judeo-Christian extrabiblical tradition and folklore. This name was submitted by a Byzantine member of the airborne laser aeroscraft team.

Ad blocker interference detected!


Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers

Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.